Chia seeds are one of the hottest food trends right now. Not only are chia seeds great for weight loss but they’re also great for your hair and skin too! The benefits of chia seeds are endless.
They’re high in omega-3 fatty acids, protein, zinc, and iron. The antioxidants and minerals found in chia seeds help your hair grow stronger, fuller, and shinier. Plus, chia seeds also improve your skin with bacteria fighting antioxidants and skin rejuvenating minerals.
Omega-3 Fatty Acids
1) So,not all fats are bad. These ones are actually some of the best. Omega-3 fatty acids can actually treat dry hair and promote the growth of strong, shiny hair. How you may ask? Well, this antioxidant improves blood circulation throughout your body. By carrying fresh blood to your scalp, your hair gets more nutrition, making it less dry and damaged. In addition to the extra does of nutrients, these healthy fats also nourish hair follicles at the scalp which improves hair growth and prevents the development of dandruff.
2) Improved blood circulation helps your skin become more hydrated, radiant, even-toned, and smooth. The omega-3 fatty acids found in chia seeds also contain ERP and DHA which have bacteria-fighting properties and skin rejuvenating features. Another amazing benefit of ERP and DHA is its ability to reduce skin damage from UV rays and treat hyper pigmentation in the skin because they inhibit the synthesis of melanin in the skin. As a result your skin is more even toned and radiant.
3) Hair is made of keratin. This protein can get stronger when you consume or apply more protein to your hair. The high levels of protein found in chia seeds encourages hair growth and makes hair shinier and stronger.
4) Zinc is one of those vitamins listed in many multivitamin supplements. But what does it really do? Researchers have found that Zinc promotes hair growth by stimulating hair follicles and increasing cell growth.
5) When you consume or apply supplements containing Zinc to your skin, it can reduce acne and clogged pores. Because Zinc improves your immune system, your body can better defend itself from bacteria which leads to clogged pores and inflamed acne spots.
6) Much like Zinc, Iron promotes hair growth by increasing the amount of hemoglobin going to our scalp and hair follicles. With higher levels of iron, our hair follicles are stronger and more likely to stay attached to our head.
An easy way to incorporate chia seeds in to your hair routine is with HASK chia seed volumes get shampoo. This shampoo smells amazing and the conditioner leaves your hair soft and full. I wash my hair three times a week with this shampoo and conditioner combo and I’m loving the results. The conditioner never leaves my hair heavy or oily. It just gives my hair a nice volume boost. When I blow dry my hair, I can definitely see a difference in volume that I didn’t have before. Plus, HASK shampoos and conditioners don’t have any sulfates or parabens.
For your skin, try making a DIY mask with chia seeds and coconut oil. The mask will leave your skin hydrated from the coconut oil and smooth from the exfoliating chia seeds.
**Disclaimer: I received the shampoo and conditioner free for reviewing purposes.
All opinions expressed are my own. **